Coding-Unboxed aims to be a learning resource for aspiring, new, and junior-level software developers, on their journey towards learning to code in the field of modern software/web development.
What is Coding-Unboxed?
Learning software/web development in general is hard, especially when you’re going it alone. There’s no roadmap for learning this kind of thing, and there’s a lot of learning material that can be found on the Internet nowadays—too much material, in fact. It makes it a challenge figuring out what to learn and how to go about it.
With that said, this blog is aimed to help out those who might be taking on the daunting task of basically learning to code, and might have one of these questions:
- How do you decide what to learn first when it seems like the list of things to learn is endless?
- How do you chart a path for learning software/web development?
- How do you decide which websites and other learning resources are worth your time and/or money?
- How do you know when you’re ready for a job in the field?
- Programming languages & frameworks: C#/.NET, Elixir/Phoenix, Golang, Java, PHP/Laravel, Python/Flask/Django, Ruby/Rails, TypeScript
- Other languages: HTML, CSS, SQL, GraphQL
- Other areas: blockchain, cloud services (AWS), cybersecurity, devops, & game development
Who’s writing Coding-Unboxed?
Links to my LinkedIn and GitHub profiles can be found at the top of the page.